TOTALYTD, TOTALQTD, TOTALMTD – cumulative subtotals in time (DAX – PowerPivot, Power BI)
This article describes the TOTALYTD function, which calculates the cumulative subtotals in a year. (For quarters or months TOTALYTD or TOTALMTD can be used.)
The result of TOTALYTD can be seen here - there is revenue for a single month and revenue from January this year.
So how to get the subtotals?
Let´s create a new measure:
- This year cumulative = TOTALYTD(SUM('original data'[Revenue]);'original data'[Date];ALL('original data'))
- TOTALYTD is a name of function
- SUM('original data'[Revenue]) - what is calculated
- 'original data'[Date] - this column defines the time
- ALL('original data') - you can use some filter here, but we don´t need any in this example