Power Query – Get and Transform
Power Query is, together with Power Pivot and Power View, a member of Excel Power BI family.
The terminology is quite confusing. In Excel 2010 and 2013 Microsoft calls it Power Query, from 2016 it is Get and Transform.
In 2010 and 2013 you can download it for free, from 2016 it is in Excel by default.
Do I need it?
You will use it when loading data from various data sources to Excel file, typically when creating some report.
But it is not the loading only, the data can be also modified in many ways, merged, cleaned etc.
You can import from Excel files, csv and txt files, from Access, MySQL, Azure SQL, Oracle, web sources.etc.
It is very easy to operate and you will love it 🙂
- Conditional column in Power Query and in Power Pivot queries
- Connect Excel to Facebook
- Copying of Power Query queries
- Date modifications with Power Query
- Evaluation of Google Analytics data in the light of another business data
- How to merge content of all files in folder with Power Query (Get and Transform)
- Merge data from all sheets in selected file
- Merging of data from all sheets from files in some folder
- Power Query – source reference as filepath in cell
- Power Query – source with relative path
- Power Query M language – basic principles
- Text modifications with Power Query (Get and Transform)
- Types of merging of queries in Power Query or in Power BI
- Use Power Query as a Pivot Table datasource